Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Crown

I was surprised that this book existed. I read the one previous...The Heir. And from my memory it ended in a way I thought the story was done but I must have remembered wrong! It was interesting because I remember her falling for one guy then in this book she falls for someone else. It was obvious who it would be, but I didnt like that they hardly spent any time together or talking really. To me the love story didn't seem real. I liked seeing Eadlyn's character grow, but I felt disappointed in the ending of this book. There are also details shared at the end of the book about old characters that I thought were totally unnecessary to the story and almost felt like it was totally made up on the fly to make it all more meaningful or something? This story is pretty clean, I think I would want to talk to my teenagers about the details shared at the end and maybe even throughout the book when Eadlyn realizes who she is falling for...and if she was making correct choices trying to hide it, etc. I read this book in a day or two so it was a quick enjoyable read (until the last little bit) but  again I was left feeling really disappointed with the ending and even a little mad at the author for her choice of ending. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment